The convenience of web-based maps on handheld devices does not dull the beauty of a full-sized world map canvas. Smartphone map apps are excellent choices for finding your way to a new restaurant, but the best world map canvas options let you understand and see the layout of the earth.
Whether it is a travel gift for a loved one, a friend, or yourself, check out these hand-picked world map on canvas options that will help personalize your space.
Are you looking to brighten up a room? Elephant Stock’s world map canvas prints may be what you need. The company is popular among office spaces, galleries, and hotels, but that does not mean their maps cannot be in the corridors of a home. Canvas print options include landmarks, vintage maps, unique maps, and city maps.
Elephant Stock employs high-resolution giclée printing processes on poly-cotton blend canvas. They stretch each image to meet your size requirements using North American pine frames. Laminates are UV-rays resistant, scratch-proof, and waterproof, keeping the images in mint condition for years.
Sizes range from:
- 12×8 inches to 48×32 inches for single canvas prints
- 23×14 inches to 68×45 inches for multi-panel canvas prints
- 19×13 inches to 49×23 inches for framed canvas
- 18×14 inches to 42×30 inches for framed prints
This makes them suitable for any space, be it a poster for the living room or decoration for a kid’s room. They also offer hexagon-shaped canvases in a honeycomb-like pattern of map canvas prints.
This digital printing company specializes in the conversion of inspirational wall art into wall-mountable canvas prints. It offers a curated collection of world map wall art. Artists design each piece and license it to GBC, which means you are purchasing the art before printing.
GBC uses fade-resistant archival ink for a fade-resistant museum artistic feel. They do not create iridescent or true gloss finishes. The only world map canvas finishes they produce are:
- Matte—A flat finish for a high-contrast appearance on a cotton canvas. This preserves image details with an art museum feel.
- Semi-gloss—Another low glare finish printed on polyester canvas. This quality reflects just enough to suggest the idea of an oil-painted map.
World map prices depend on several factors, including size, licensing, and framing. GBC allows payments with PayPal and major credit cards.
This online marketplace carries items from the U.K.’s best creative small businesses and the original works of the sellers. The company is in Oxfordshire, U.K., and includes specialist cartographers who design a comprehensive catalog of maps for practical use and home decor.
The ready-made canvas frame finish option is wrapped around a wooden frame to create frameless borders. This minimalist look blends well with all interior styles and contemporary furniture. These varieties are ready to hang on the wall and supplied with a hanging kit.
For example, a popular offering is the giant canvas world map by Maps International. It comes in multiple distinct styles, including political blue ocean, complete with boundaries, cities, waters, and countries in different shades.
4. Clock Canvas
Transform a bare wall into a spectacular gallery with this Clock Canvas artistic world map piece. Such world maps are not geographically accurate. Instead, they focus on rendering the world artistically.
This world map is available in different sizes, from 12×18 inches to 30×40 inches. It is a multi-panel artwork with three canvas prints that develop a beautiful layout.
The framing options available include:
- Unframed canvas print—It does not include a picture frame or stretcher bar. These artworks are delivered rolled in a protective tube.
- Standard gallery wrap—The artistic map rendition is pre-stretched over bars to create an internal supporting frame. They are ideal for large spaces and allow for viewing the artwork directly without the distraction of frames.
- Framed prints—They lend an elegant touch to your wall and can impact the artwork’s impression. For example, a solid black frame border maintains your focus on the artistic map.
- Framed gallery wrap—This framing option brings depth to your space. An additional black floating frame gives the map a deep dimensional appearance.
It is easy to overlook iCanvas world map art canvas prints, as they do not have the same clout as industry giants (like Elephant Stock and GBC.) But just because they do not have a big following does not mean the shop is unworthy of your consideration. Most of their business entails selling pre-existing licensed map artwork to corporate clients.
The typical 12×12 inches artwork with a .75-inch depth costs $70, and the price rises significantly to $230 for 37×37 inches maps. Plus, stretcher keys are delivered on the back of the artwork to tighten the canvas if it loosens. Maps also come with screws and hanging instructions.
Prices can vary according to season because of discounts offered to customers with coupon codes. Free nationwide shipping is available to the 48 contiguous U.S. states.
What information do you need on the map? Does it matter if the map is geographically accurate, or do you want an art piece? This overview of the best world map canvas options will help add a personal touch to your space. You just have to decide what you value in your map.