World’s Happiness Map. The map shows the happiness rates of the countries of the world in 2017. Looking at the world map, USA, Canada, Brazil, Chile, Argentina seem to have high happiness rates. Australia is sinking on the right side. On the European side, the happiness rate of Northern Europe seems to be high.
The Calculation Method
Using a lot of data, a score was created for countries. GDP per capita, social support, healthy life expectancy, freedom to make choices, generosity, perceptions of corruption, Dystopia (1.85) + residual, 95% confidence interval.
Let’s explore the regions;
As you can see, the African continent is the most unhappy region in the world.
- Mauritania: The North African country is at the bottom of the list due to its low level of governance and individual freedoms.
- Malawi: Africa is one of the worst 5 countries in the world in economic terms.
- Sierra Leone: The West African country has suffered the most serious crisis in recent years due to the Ebola epidemic.
- Nigeria: One of Africa’s most powerful economies, Nigeria’s biggest reason for the low ranking is the security problem caused by the terror of Boko Haram.
- The Republic of Congo; Health problems are deeply affecting the Republic of Congo.
- Zimbabwe: The country was behind because of the Zimbabwean economy suffering from hyperinflation.
- Guinea: Guinea is one of the economically weakest African countries in entrepreneurship stayed back as well.
- Liberia: Liberia, where 5,000 people have lost their lives due to Ebola, has the weakest economic position among the 142 countries.
- Sudan: Sudan is second to last concerning freedoms.
- Yemen: Yemen is the least free country in the world.
- Democratic Republic of Congo: One of the world’s most unsafe countries.
- Burundi: Burundi’s weakest indices are social capital and health.
- Chad: It’s one of the poorest countries in the world because of economic troubles.
- Central African Republic: The African Republic is the last place in entrepreneurship, education, and health.
We can see that the rate of happiness increases a little more as we move from Africa to the Arabian Peninsula.
In the Arabian Peninsula, there are two of the happiest countries in the world. Israel and the United Arab Emirates.
United Arab Emirates; It is one of the richest countries in the world. In addition, the Ministry of Happiness has been established recently in this country.
Under the ‘smart urban agenda’ of the United Arab Emirates (BAE), a hard work began in Dubai, aiming to enter the top 10 of the happiest cities of the world until 2021.
- Israel; For people who do not live in Israel, this may seem like a mystery. Israel is happier than European countries, who have lived their last battles more than 60 years ago. The population of the Jewish state reached 7.5 million, which figure is nine times as large as the population it had in its founding in 1948. The Israelis are happy because of the population increase in their country. Israel’s sense of happiness is a little different.
- Syria; The greatest reason why the country is unhappy is the civil war that has lasted for years.
- Iraq; IŞID is at the bottom of the list due mainly to terrorist attacks. Iraq’s biggest problem is security.
- Iranian; Iran is a country governed by an Islamic regime and we are wondering what will happen in 2018 due to the fact that the people of Iran are happier than Iraq and that the people who lived in recent times revolted against the regime.
Let’s go to Europe, where the happiest countries of the world are located.
- Ireland, UK, Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Czech Republic, Norway, Sweden, Finland appear to be the happiest countries.
- Spain, France, and Slovakia are among the happiest countries in the world as well.
- Ukraine: It is not necessary to say that the problems between Ukraine and Russia have deeply affected the situation of the country. The state of war leads to the stopping of progress in the service sector, agriculture sector and industry.
- Norway: Between 155 world countries, this country is in the 1st place.
- Denmark: It is a happy country with high prosperity in every respect.
- Iceland, Switzerland, and Finland are also happy countries, followed by
- Sweden, Austria, Ireland, Germany, Belgium;
- The most unhappy country in Europe is the Ukraine. It is ranked 132nd out of 155 countries.
Two of the happiest countries in the world, far from Europe, Australia, and New Zealand;
When we look at the world map, we can say neither happy nor unhappy about the Asian continent. But when we go down a little from the Asian side, we get two of the happiest countries in the world, Australia is the 9th place in 155 countries and New Zealand is the 8th place in 155 countries.
These countries, which are far from Europe but close to each other, are the reason for the greatest happiness because they are somewhat distant from the confusion of the world. Besides this, high standards of living, nature, GDP etc. many factors bring these countries into the happiest countries of the world.